Home

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What Time Is It? It's SUMMER TIME!

Summer has officially begun, and I am loving it!  I am so ready to have my "little buddies" with me again.  Today ends a milestone of a school year for all of us.  Ashlee completed her last year of middle school.  I can't believe my little "punkin' head" is old enough to start high school in the fall.  And even worse... she will take a driver's ed course next week.  Boo-hoo!  Emilee ended her first year of middle school.  I must say, me and my little "chocolate-covered marshmaller" are both glad that's over with.  It's hard for me to believe she is almost a teenager!  I'm ready to slow down time now! 

Speaking of having my little buddies with me again, I have one more "buddy" to add to that... however, he's not so little!  As you know, Scott resigned from GMAC Insurance on March 30th of this year.  His motivation... two little girls who are growing up way too fast.  He wants to enjoy them now while we have them instead of waiting for official retirement when they're off on their own.  Therefore, in 14 days we will begin a once in a lifetime experience.  On June 10th we will be pulling out of our driveway to start our summer road trip across the country.  On our 9-week journey, we will cover 11,000 miles on our way through 24 states and 1 Canadian province while touring many national parks, monuments, and tourist traps!

Thus, the reason for this blog.  We thought this would be one way to keep family and friends updated on our adventures.  We also thought that blogging would be a fun way for the girls to pass the time between destinations while journaling their experience along the way.  Scott might need a distraction or two as well!

One thing we'd like to note - our blog will not be visible to everybody.  That being said, if you are able to view our blog we just ask that you don't share it with people we don't know.  We've taken precautions to protect our house in the form of alarm monitoring, constant surveillance from neighbors, and house-sitters so hopefully we won't come home to a flooded basement.  We also don't want strangers reading about us!

You can also send notes back to us through posts... we'd love to hear from you while we're gone!  Feel free to offer advice on sites we should see, places we should visit, or great places to eat!  Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to follow along! You are going so many places I've wanted to see. Takes lots of pictures! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete