Home

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Old Town Albuquerque

On Sunday afternoon, we drove into Old Town Albuquerque.  There were lots of little shops surrounding a town square with a gazebo.  We were on the hunt for Emilee’s souvenir… she wanted a sombrero.  Scott started off helping us look, but when he found a scary looking whip and looked at me with an evil gleam in his eye, I decided he needed to go sit down and relax somewhere else!  You can tell by the photo below that he must have said something funny because Ashlee was laughing!  :-)  So he went out to sit in the square while we did some browsing and finally found a sombrero for Emilee.

Scott & Ashlee testing out the whip!  Scared me too.  HA!

Emilee's souvenir - a pink sombrero!

While we were paying for the sombrero, Scott called me and said there was a gunfight going on out in the street.  Two gunfighters and a dolled up lady were having it out in the middle of the road.  I think they were doing some kind of advertisement for their evening show down the street.  After their 5-minute routine, they were walking back in my direction, and one of them caught me taking his picture.  So he pulled his gun on me and told me he had to shoot me for that!  The girls got a kick out of it!  Then it was back to the hotel for some lunch, swimming, and more relaxing.


Gunfight in Old Town Albuquerque

I almost got "shot" by the man on the right for snapping this picture.

When I made my quick grocery run yesterday, I got two frozen pizzas to have for dinner tonight.  Much to my dismay, the “oven” I assumed was underneath the countertop stove was actually a dishwasher.  Fortunately, the front desk clerk overheard me at breakfast that morning trying to figure out how I was going to cook those pizzas.  She talked to the breakfast hostess and they allowed me to use the commercial oven in their kitchen that night.  Isn’t it amazing how God takes care of not only the huge things (like safe hot air balloon rides), but he even works out the little things for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment